Our purpose is “to strengthen the body of Christ by drawing in, knowing and caring for each others’ spiritual and physical needs in simple and helpful ways, and by creating smaller communities within the larger congregation.” We want to:
- Encourage neighborly relationships
- Provide a framework for giving spiritual, practical and compassionate care to church members
- Group Trinity members into smaller communities that are geographically close
Each Neighborhood Care Group consists of an elder, a deacon, two NCG coordinators and the Trinity members in a designated area. Elders and deacons are “in-service” for three years, then rotate off the “active” roll. Coordinators typically serve one year.
Contact the Church office to locate the elder, deacon or NCG coordinator assigned to your area.
- Elders are called to shepherd, offer spiritual guidance and provide overall leadership within the NCG.
- Deacons are called to offer assistance/guidance for physical needs (car or house repairs, moving help, etc.) or financial need. If you are in need, contact a deacon directly instead of going through a third party. The deacon assigned to your care group is the place to start.
- NCG coordinators organize meals and other care for members in need and assist in organizing gatherings for their NCG.
- Trinity members are encouraged to participate in scheduled gatherings and contribute when there is a call for help from the NCG leadership.
© 2014 TRINITY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH • 17 SHAWNEE TRAIL • ASHEVILLE NC, 28805 • (828) 299-3433 • WORSHIP AT 8:30 and 11:00 A.M. EACH SUNDAY